Sweet Potato Pie
- 3 sweet potatoes (cooked and mashed)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1 vanilla bean split (use the scraped seeds from inside)
- ½ teaspoon ground dry ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 prepared pie crust (for the bottom only)
- Blend 1 cup of sweet potatoes and 1 T butter. In a large bowl beat the eggs
- then add the sweet potato-butter mix and whisk. In a separate bowl mix
- Mix together the creme fraiche, brown sugar, com syrup, vanilla, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- When that has been blended, then add the sweet potato.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Pour this mixture into the pie crust and bake at 375° for about 35-40 minutes.
- To know whether your pie is ready, poke a wooden toothpick into the pie, and, if it comes out clean, then it's done!
- Serve with sweetened whipped cream flavored with Southern Comfort.